Fundraising

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

This Blog

The Neighborhood
Greetings from Rwanda!  I have been here for a week, but have been unable to find the time or the internet connection to post anything since I left Montana.   To be quite honest I am not sure what form this blog will take, but I do hope that it will be of some interest.  I do not intend this blog to be about me and my time in Rwanda, but rather about Rwanda, and to some extent the work I am doing here.  I might not be taking the time to maintain this blog at all except that my experience in Hebron reminded me of the importance of sharing one's first hand experience and learning about places we are lucky enough to travel to.  I certainly feel more than lucky that I was able to spend time in Hebron, to have met the quality of people that I did, to have had the experiences that I had, and to have friends and family that were interested to know about my time there.  Therefore, this is an experiment, and any comments, questions, or encouragements are most welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Erin, the blog is up and running. It looks great. I posted it on my facebook profile too. I hope you are having fun and learning some new wisdom to teach, and teaching some knowledge to learners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I encourage you to get whatever thoughts and experiences onto the blog that you can. I have a student this semester who is from the Ivory Coast and he is interested in your travel as well. His name is Moses and we will try to get him signed up here too. Get adjusted, and then start crankin' it up!

    ReplyDelete