Fundraising

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Football, Food, and Dancing


Rwanda was in the finals for the African Under-17 football championship and the city of Kigali was extremely excited about this event and the fact that they would be hosting the final in the local stadium.  While I was not able to go, my colleagues Mark and Bert were able to go and have shared these photos with me.  I did have a chance to watch part of the game on television with some of the local folks and also could most definitely hear the excitement booming out live from the stadium.  It was all very exciting as this was the first time Rwanda had been in a final and with only ten minutes left it was looking good with a 1-1 tie.  Unfortunately Burkina Faso was able to score a second time to win the championship, greatly disappointing the local crowd.

On the same day of the football championship I was invited to attend a dinner put on by VSO Rwanda.  During which we were lucky enough to have a local dance and singing troupe there to entertain us.  Because I had not brought my camera to this event I did not get any photos.  However, another colleague of mine, Steven, has kindly lent me a few of those photos to share. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a couple of great events. The visual pagentry must be fantastic. A long way from winter in Browning.

    ReplyDelete