Fundraising

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So You Think You Can Teach?

Prologue-The Concept


The Judges

I am now full on working with schools, motoring about training teachers, teaching, creating and helping to create visual aids, conducting workshops, and handing out lots of advice on how to “teach smarter, not harder,” engage all students, work with a classroom full of learners of disparate learning styles and abilities, as well as class sizes of sixty plus students.  So after just two months of this I state the obvious, “Teaching is hard!”  To be good is a gift where being adequate is even a bit challenging as let’s face it, even the act of showing up and stepping into the classroom takes a certain amount of courage and persistence.


My competition

About two years ago I told Dan that there should be a reality television show in which contestants go into various classrooms around the United States and teach.  Whomever best delivers the lesson, manages the students, and has students achieving the highest scores wins that round and is guaranteed a spot for the next week, while the remaining contestants vote one teacher “out of the classroom.”  The winner or last teacher standing is then appointed to be The United States Secretary of Education.  Makes sense right?  I thought we could call it, “So You Think You Can Teach?”  Well, even at my age sometimes wishes come true, or was that nightmares…anyway, I now feel that I am most definitely on the Rwandan version of, “So You Think You Can Teach? Rwanda.” I hope that the next few posts will demonstrate why, and also, perhaps, earn me a spot on the final three.  Please text my number if you agree…


2 comments: